Wrapping Presents with a Cat
1. Clear large space on table for wrapping present.
2. Go to closet and collect bag in which present is contained,
and shut door.
3. Open door and remove cat from closet.
4. Go to cupboard and retrieve rolls of wrapping paper.
5. Go back and remove cat from cupboard.
6. Go to drawer, and collect transparent sticky tape, ribbons,
scissors, labels, etc. . .
7. Lay out presents and wrapping materials on table, to enable
wrapping strategy to be formed.
8. Go back to drawer to get string, remove cat that has been in
the drawer since last visit and collect string.
9. Remove present from bag.
10. Remove cat from bag.
11. Open box to check present, remove cat from box, replace present.
12. Lay out paper to enable cutting to size.
13. Try and smooth out paper, realize cat is underneath and
14. Cut the paper to size, keeping the cutting line straight.
15. Throw away first sheet as cat chased the scissors, and tore
16. Cut second sheet of paper to size – by putting cat in the bag
the present came in.
17. Place present on paper.
18. Lift up edges of paper to seal in present. Wonder why edges
don’t reach. Realize cat is between present and paper. Remove cat.
19. Place object on paper, to hold in place while tearing
transparent sticky tape.
20. Spend 20 minutes carefully trying to remove transparent sticky
tape from cat with pair of nail scissors.
21. Seal paper with sticky tape, making corners as neat as possible.
22. Look for roll of ribbon. Chase cat down hall in order to
23. Try to wrap present with ribbon in a two-directional turn.
24. Re-roll ribbon and remove paper, which is now torn due to
cat’s enthusiastic ribbon chase.
25. Repeat steps 13-20 until you reach last sheet of paper.
26. Decide to skip steps 13-17 in order to save time and reduce
risk of losing last sheet of paper. Retrieve old cardboard box
that is the right size for sheet of paper.
27. Put present in box, and tie down with string.
28. Remove string, open box and remove cat.
29. Put all packing materials in bag with present and head for
30. Once inside lockable room, lock door and start to relay out
paper and materials.
31. Remove cat from box, unlock door, put cat outside door, close
32. Repeat previous step as often as is necessary (until you can
hear cat from outside door)
33. Lay out last sheet of paper. (This will be difficult in the
small area of the toilet, but do your best)
34. Discover cat has already torn paper. Unlock door go out and hunt
through various cupboards, looking for sheet of last year’s paper.
Remember that you haven’t got any left because cat helped with
this last year as well.
35. Return to lockable room, lock door, and sit on toilet and try
to make torn sheet of paper look presentable.
36. Seal box, wrap with paper and repair by very carefully sealing
with sticky tape. Tie up with ribbon and decorate with bows to
hide worst areas.
37. Label. Sit back and admire your handiwork, congratulate yourself
on completing a difficult job.
38. Unlock door, and go to kitchen to make drink and feed cat.
39. Spend 15 minutes looking for cat until coming to obvious
40. Unwrap present, untie box and remove cat.
41. Go to store and buy a gift bag