I made another batch of home-made lye soap yesterday. There were two reasons for this:
1. We were running low on soap for showers, and it takes a month for the soap to cure before it is ready to use.
2. We got some new soap molds and I wanted to see how well they work with my soap recipe, since I don’t do melt-and-pour soaps.
This was a rushed batch, so I didn’t take the time to measure out some of the “extras” that I usually use, like the coconut oil or other natural additives. Instead, this is straight lard-and-lye, the oldest and purest form of soap known to man. So far, it’s looking good, even with the new molds. I’ll know more in a week when it’s time to pop the bars out of the molds.