Reflecting on the fact that recently we celebrated Thanksgiving here in the USA, I wanted to give thanks for some things that blow my mind on a daily basis.
1. My blog has been read at least once by someone in each of 37 different countries.
2. My blog has been read over 50 times by someone in every G8 nation.
3. My blog has been read over 1,400 times by people in the USA alone.
4. As of yesterday, I now have 102 “followers” – people who have asked to be notified by email whenever I post a new blog.
5. I have had one single day when over 40 people read at least one of my posts.
No, this isn’t bragging – it’s utter amazement. I’ve been blogging since 2004. I still have my first account – on LiveJournal – and it has less page views in 10 years than this blog has in the last 6 months! I’ve also done Hi5, Myspace, Blogger, and perhaps a couple of others. I’ve never seen this kind of response. Even more amazing is that I do almost nothing to promote.
Thank you to everyone who reads what I post. It means a lot to me that you consider my hobby worthy of your time. You’re the best!