I’m at the midpoint of the 10-Day Detox Diet, and thought I’d share a few thoughts about how it’s going. But first, let me state that we’re following the plan exactly per the book.
1. I’d be willing to stay on the menu we’re following indefinitely. The food is quite varied, and extra tasty!
2. It’s best to do this program when you can stay home the whole time. You won’t be able to get very far away from a bathroom during the first few days.
3. Everything coming out has changed color, but in a good way, I think.
4. I’ve managed to reduce my coffee intake to about 3 CUPS per day (I used to drink 2 POTS – about 20 cups – per day). The rest of my fluids are made up of high-fiber water-based drinks, and herbal tea.
5. I’d have been happy if I lost 10 lbs. of weight over the course of the entire program. I’ve lost 15 lbs. already, without increasing my exercise program. The only negative effect I’ve experienced in all of this is feeling a bit more run-down, and hence sleeping more. However, I can’t specifically attribute that to the program, because when we started it I had a cold. Being on the program has largely sped up the recovery from the cold, IMHO (in my humble opinion). I’m now breathing freely and my sore throat is gone.
4 thoughts on “10-Day Detox Diet observations. . .”
That’s awesome. What is the website or book where you read about the 10 day detox diet?
“The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet” by Mark Hyman, MD – and the companion book (sold separately) is “The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook” which has a ton of wonderful recipes to delight your taste buds and make sticking to the program almost effortless.
Hello would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with?
I’m going to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a
difficult time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m
looking for something unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I
had to ask!
I’m using the (free) Sorbet Theme on Word Press. I did customize the colors myself.