I’m at the midpoint of the 10-Day Detox Diet, and thought I’d share a few thoughts about how it’s going. But first, let me state that we’re following the plan exactly per the book.
1. I’d be willing to stay on the menu we’re following indefinitely. The food is quite varied, and extra tasty!
2. It’s best to do this program when you can stay home the whole time. You won’t be able to get very far away from a bathroom during the first few days.
3. Everything coming out has changed color, but in a good way, I think.
4. I’ve managed to reduce my coffee intake to about 3 CUPS per day (I used to drink 2 POTS – about 20 cups – per day). The rest of my fluids are made up of high-fiber water-based drinks, and herbal tea.
5. I’d have been happy if I lost 10 lbs. of weight over the course of the entire program. I’ve lost 15 lbs. already, without increasing my exercise program. The only negative effect I’ve experienced in all of this is feeling a bit more run-down, and hence sleeping more. However, I can’t specifically attribute that to the program, because when we started it I had a cold. Being on the program has largely sped up the recovery from the cold, IMHO (in my humble opinion). I’m now breathing freely and my sore throat is gone.