The very first actress to portray Superman’s girlfriend Lois Lane on film has passed to her next project, after 95 years among us.
I realize that many of my readers are not old enough to remember who they were, but in 2015 we lost a lot of beloved entertainers and leaders, who’s collective impact has affected nearly everyone in North America in one way or other.
While I feel like giving them a sort of lengthy group eulogy, I’ll refrain and just give you a link to the BBC’s website where they posted a video that does the job better than I could.
To them all: you will be missed. Thank you for the fun, laughs, tears, and distractions. May you have as much fun with your next life.
On Wednesday, I got an email from my friend Anita, letting me know that Dr. Wayne Dyer had moved on to the next adventure. In his memory, here is the text of an email that is going around celebrating his contributions to the self-help community.
We lost a beautiful soul and human being on Aug. 29. Dr. Wayne Dyer was a pioneer in the personal-development field and made a profound difference in the lives of million of people all over the world.
Here are 20 quotes of his to not only remember a phenomenal human being, but to help motivate and inspire you to become a better you.
1. “Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.
2. “If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.”
3. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
4. “With everything that has happened to you, you can feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose.”
5. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”
6. “When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous.”
7. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.”
8. “Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are empowers you.”
9. “How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours.”
10. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
11. “Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”
12. “There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.”
13. “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life.’”
14. “The fact that you are willing to say, ‘I do not understand, and it is fine,’ is the greatest understanding you could exhibit.”
15. “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
16. “You may have convinced yourself that giving is impossible because you have too little for yourself. If you are not generous when it is difficult, you will not be generous when it is easy. Generosity is a function of the heart, not the wallet.”
17. “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
18. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”
19. “When the choice is to be right or to be kind, always make the choice that brings peace.”
20. “When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out, because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside.”
One of the best ways to remember people and pay tribute to their lives is to carry on their legacies somehow, someway in your own life. Let these 20 quotes from Dr. Wayne Dyer motivate you to become more as a human being, tap into your limitless potential and take time out of your busy day to remember a man that transformed millions of lives in such a profound and powerful way.
Horror master Wes Craven, stopped playing this game at the age of 76. Known for (among many other things) being the creator of the Nightmare On Elm Street franchise, it may possibly now be safe to go to sleep. (joke)
Holy Dilemma, Batman! The Joker’s captured Batgirl!
Well, I hope that Heath Ledger and Yvonne Craig are better off now. According to an article on BBC, actress Yvonne Craig has moved on after a fight with breast cancer that had involved her liver. She was 78 years old.
Farewell, and thanks for all the entertainment over the last 60 years!
This is a very sad day for me. We’ve lost one of my greatest role models from childhood. RIP dear friend, you will be sorely missed.
I’ve added more about Mr. Spock’s influence on me personally, here:
Majel Barrett Roddenberry, wife of Gene Roddenberry and the original “#1” (or First Officer) of the USS Enterprise in the Star Trek pilot episode (and the voice of the computers in every TV series related to the franchise), has passed away. Rest In Peace.
Having fought more than one good fight, and participated in some of the most memorable movies of the last century, I sincerely hope that Charlton Heston enjoys his well-earned vacation from this mortal life, until he chooses to rejoin the game.
Mary Selway – – – RIP
I know – the very first thing that crosses each and every one of you people’s thoughts is going to be – “Who the hell is Mary Selway?”
Well, she isn’t a relative of mine. I never even met her. But, never-the-less, she has had a huge impact on my life, and I never knew it was her, until tonight.